Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    joulin's Avatar
    joulin is offline Junior Member
    Points: 7,481, Level: 60
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 69
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    First 1000 Experience Points365 Days+ Registered Achievement!750 Days+ Registered Achievement!2 Posts Achievement50 Posts Achievement!
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    29
    Points
    7,481
    Level
    60
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2x 2 Posts

    Default Wrong tripod, excellent service from Baader



    Bad luck again! After being send the wrong eyepieces, damaged eypieces, and a tripod that broke after a few weeks (all from different dealers), I now got the wooden tripod from Baader. Before buying it, I specifically asked if my Skywatcher Synscan would fit on to it, and their response was a firm 'yes'.

    Well, it does not fit at all. After my complaint however came a quick response. They will try to figure out, to develope, some sort of extra adapter to make it fit. Great service I think.

    I would like to keep the tripod anyway, because it is very steady.

  2. #2
    Vinnie's Avatar
    Vinnie is offline Guest
    Points: 24,260, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Got three Friends20+ Friends Achievement!First 1000 Experience Points5+ Referrals Achievement!100+ Threads Achievement!
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    3,474
    Points
    24,260
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 682x 362 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joulin View Post
    Bad luck again! After being send the wrong eyepieces, damaged eypieces, and a tripod that broke after a few weeks (all from different dealers), I now got the wooden tripod from Baader. Before buying it, I specifically asked if my Skywatcher Synscan would fit on to it, and their response was a firm 'yes'.

    Well, it does not fit at all. After my complaint however came a quick response. They will try to figure out, to develope, some sort of extra adapter to make it fit. Great service I think.

    I would like to keep the tripod anyway, because it is very steady.
    Hmm, you didn't do something like walk under a ladder or meet a black cat recently did you Joulin?

    I hope it comes together for you. I would be most surprised if a company with a reputation such as that of Baader Planetarium would let you down at the end of the day

  3. #3
    joulin's Avatar
    joulin is offline Junior Member
    Points: 7,481, Level: 60
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 69
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    First 1000 Experience Points365 Days+ Registered Achievement!750 Days+ Registered Achievement!2 Posts Achievement50 Posts Achievement!
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    29
    Points
    7,481
    Level
    60
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2x 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
    Hmm, you didn't do something like walk under a ladder or meet a black cat recently did you Joulin?

    I hope it comes together for you. I would be most surprised if a company with a reputation such as that of Baader Planetarium would let you down at the end of the day
    Nope, haha! Haven't seen a ladder the last few months. And the black cats I saw, were more than fifty meters away! And not everything went wrong. I ordered and got some nice products without any problems. The telescope is fine, the filters are okay, as are the eyepieces.

    Maybe I will wait for a falling star, so I can make a wish.....

  4. #4
    star drop's Avatar
    star drop is offline Guilty as Charged
    Points: 14,490, Level: 82
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 10
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10 Days registeredFirst 1000 Experience PointsGot three Friends20+ Friends Achievement!365 Days+ Registered Achievement!
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    .
    Posts
    2,265
    Points
    14,490
    Level
    82
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 473x 211 Posts

    Default

    Is it worse if you have a black cat sitting on your observing ladder as I sometimes do?

  5. #5
    joulin's Avatar
    joulin is offline Junior Member
    Points: 7,481, Level: 60
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 69
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    First 1000 Experience Points365 Days+ Registered Achievement!750 Days+ Registered Achievement!2 Posts Achievement50 Posts Achievement!
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    29
    Points
    7,481
    Level
    60
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2x 2 Posts

    Default

    Well, I have sent them some pictures and they are working on a solution now.

  6. #6
    DizzyGazer's Avatar
    DizzyGazer is offline Guest
    Points: 19,030, Level: 95
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 270
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Got three Friends20+ Friends Achievement!First 1000 Experience Points5+ Referrals Achievement!100+ Threads Achievement!
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Concrete, Washington USA
    Posts
    1,428
    Points
    19,030
    Level
    95
    Thanks
    352
    Thanked 236x 178 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by star drop View Post
    Is it worse if you have a black cat sitting on your observing ladder as I sometimes do?
    Ted, I have heard that the negative effects of the "black cat on your ladder" issue can be resolved by throwing an ounce of salt over your shoulder and walking in a circle 3 times.

    In doing so, you throw the salt at the cat (cat leaves), then walk around the ladder while you're sweeping up all the salt...

    Mike

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Excellent Service again from Bern @ Modern Astronomy
    By gfletcher in forum Telescope Accessories Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-25-2010, 01:41 PM
  2. T&T Binocular Mounts - Excellent Customer Service
    By Shneor Sherman in forum Amateur Astronomy Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-09-2004, 04:15 PM
  3. Televue's Excellent Service
    By Nowind in forum Amateur Astronomy Forum
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 11-13-2003, 07:02 AM
  4. Excellent Service from Tele-Vue
    By Aaron Bransky in forum Amateur Astronomy Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-15-2003, 08:23 PM
  5. Broken tripod and excellent service !
    By David Harris in forum UK Astronomy Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-04-2003, 08:35 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Powered by vBulletin®
All times are GMT. The time now is 05:27 PM.