Nexstar 8SE weird behavior fixed with firmware update

  1. mario.umana
    mario.umana
    Hi everyone,

    I thought in posting this in the case some body else get this same behavior on the nexstar se mounts:

    Two days ago I was trying my mount with a RJ12 25ft long cable attached to the aux port and the hand controller, but I noticed that the go-tos were acting weird, the slew speed was some time normal but the suddenly changed to very slow and loose the alignment.

    Yesterday was even worse because the arrow keys responded well slewing the mount in azimuth and altitude normally but the go-tos only work in altitude and not moving the azimuth.

    At first I thought about a failed motor or controller but I read something about updating the firmware first, before attempt to service the mount and I did that, I downloaded the Celestron Firmware Manager (CFM) and updated the hand controller, very easy really and apparently it fixed the problem.

    I will try the mount tonight under the stars to see if the problem completely disappears.

    Mario
Results 1 to 1 of 1
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Powered by vBulletin®
All times are GMT. The time now is 12:08 AM.