First Imaging Experiment
A couple months back I modified an old Logitech USB web cam to fit the eyepiece holder of my telescopes. I finally dug it out of the "got way too many projects going on" box and tried getting some Moon shots. I'm not sure how to measure the chip inside, but experimenting with it, looks to give an effective fl of "about" 5mm.
Anyway, last week I set up my 60mm SLT and got some videos of the half-moon and I was kind of pleased with my efforts.
Here is a still from one of the videos...
After twiddling with... er, learning Registax, this what I got.
The video was about 36 seconds long.
Gotta close now and get a bit of sleep. Going to try to get some more video tonight before the Sun starts getting into the act!
Celestron Nexstar 60 SLT + 102 GT OTA - Astromaster 76 EQ - Powerseeker 127 EQ
Plossl Ep 6,8,13,17,32mm - 2x & 3x Barlow
Sun Filter - Moon Filter
CCD camera <- Cheap CCD camera!
Modified color USB web cam (Still testing)
Meade 10x50 Binoculars
Founder of "The Society for Aimless Tinkering and World Conquest"